Sudhir Upadhyay has a new place on web ->
This blog is no longer updated.

Bawra Man Dekhne Chala Ek Sapna – II

Posted: February 23rd, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Musings | 20 Comments »

To continue the string left at “when” in part I of this post, lets talk about other “Ws” here, in part II

I started my SAP career 5 years back and the journey has been more than interesting. One thing which fascinates me about SAP is that there is so much to learn every day that you are always on your toes. Having said that, as you might know, that even though India is most favored offshore destination, sometimes the scope of work can be limiting. It can be to an extent that your learning can get over shadowed by the monotonous work which serves no real value or no new learning to your career.

After working for almost 3 years, I realized that the work I was doing had limited scope, as a result, I was unable to challenge my limits. Learning also took a hit because of the same reason. It is a fact that once you get comfortable in your job it gets very boring, if you are thrown a challenge then you realize that you are rusted. To challenge my limits and also to venture into unknown territories of SAP, I switched company.

Joining a new company is almost like writing on a clean board. You might have certain experience with you, but still you need to prove yourself, among your peers. You could be an achiever in your previous organization, but in the new organization you have to start from zero. I enjoyed this initial phase after the switch. After that the story used to be like regular Bollywood masala (minus the masala :-)). There was no fun because the work was more or less the same and sometimes I felt that I was not doing anything meaningful, although it was valuable to the company/project.

On the other hand, I had started joining sessions about start ups and was reading loads of stuff about entrepreneurship (as I’ve written earlier). So, it was facet time for me. I was not finding my regular work enticing & challenging enough and at the same time I had developed heavy interest in start ups. My interest in start up was supported by the projects that started flowing in for my brother’s startup, which I helped him setup.It was like an icing on the cake.

So, here I was, on a crossroad of life, where I’m in a well paying job with sufficient experience in certain technology, ‘settled’ as they would call it but still something unsettling about the job and on other hand a non-walked, challenging, adventurous but might satisfy the unresting something in me with a feeling of starting something from scratch.

I chose the latter.

I’m joining GenXsource, as a co-founder. We plan to make awesome looking websites, web apps that should & would change our client’s world for better. Apart from this, some really interesting ideas are brewing in our minds, which are raring to be live. I am joining this venture full time starting this month.

As of now, we are based at Agra because that is my hometown. Starting up in Agra isn’t easy because finding potential resources with vision is a lot of problem. But considering the proximity to Delhi, it should work as an advantage for us. There are some other advantages as well, like infrastructure and recurring cost, which is low as compared to metro/tier-1 cities. The man power cost is low (if you can find them).

Also, while starting up it’s very important that you be emotionally strong to deal with daily hiccups of your venture. Being with your family certainly helps so you hold your ground for good and for sure.

I know it’s not going to be a smooth sail. I might stumble in this effort of starting up, in romancing the idea of doing something meaningful, in being my own boss.

But what I do know is, I will not dread Mondays, I will not do something which I don’t like, I will not hate my job and still keep working because I have to pay that car or home loan EMI.

I’m Escaping From Cubicle Nation, I am Changing Status-Quo, I’m Trying, I’m Starting Up.

Please wish me luck :-)

20 Comments on “Bawra Man Dekhne Chala Ek Sapna – II”

1. 1 Amit said at 11:40 pm on February 23rd, 2011:

Wishing All The Luck To You Bro… I have a feeling You Will Do It & You Will DO IT GOOD…

let’s goooo…. eeeeehhhhhaaaaaaa

2. 2 Amir Mahakud said at 2:38 am on February 24th, 2011:

i felt like reading an autobiography of a famous personality :-)
    yes it’s inspirational ..
    we wish u all d best Sudhir bhai :)

3. 3 Manish said at 2:58 am on February 24th, 2011:

All the best and do well!!!

4. 4 Rohit Sarangi said at 3:08 am on February 24th, 2011:

Are wah Sudhir ji wah…. you might stop to say nahi wah Taj boliya … may be since you are in Agra and that is your home town …

But I must say, realy felt like reading about a big man.

Wish you all the best for the venture!

5. 5 Amir Mahakud said at 3:10 am on February 24th, 2011:

and u r always a great personality among us , who always inspires me ….:)
    i know it would not b difficult at all to be update and to be in touch with u ..
    share your new no..
    take care ..

6. 6 subhranshu said at 5:35 am on February 24th, 2011:

2nd part was well composed bro:)
    newayz wishing u luck as usual..Have faith and hard work will get u there.

Never backout at any step.u have numerous options..vryone is there to lift u up rather than pulling u down..

7. 7 Ashish Bhatia said at 9:37 am on February 24th, 2011:

best of luck sudhir bhai :) … and a wonderful blog

8. 8 Rohith said at 10:55 am on February 24th, 2011:

Great writing.
    All the very best for your future dude. May all your dreams come true.
    On the lighter side don’t let Anupam read this.

9. 9 Sudhir Upadhyay said at 3:29 pm on February 24th, 2011:

Thanks everyone for supporting words.

10. 10 Rajesh Akarte said at 11:57 pm on February 26th, 2011:

I must say this is a “Rising of a star”…. my best wishes are always with u.

11. 11 Vipin Chhibber said at 1:13 pm on March 1st, 2011:

All the best Sudhir..

12. 12 Ami Desai said at 3:51 pm on March 1st, 2011:

All the very best for your future.

13. 13 Pankaj Roy said at 3:24 pm on March 2nd, 2011:

All the best Sudhir bhai……you will definitely get what you started for…and no one will dare stop you achieving your dreams. you have determination and i am sure you will achieve what dreamed.

14. 14 Sudhir Upadhyay said at 3:37 pm on March 2nd, 2011:

Thanks a lot guys. It means a lot to me.

15. 15 tushar said at 12:21 pm on March 4th, 2011:

All the best sir g..u will certainly make it big

16. 16 Manish Shrivastava said at 12:51 pm on March 4th, 2011:

ALL THE BEST SUDHIR BHAI…..i am very happy for you n i m proud of you…….you have the ability to go ahead (i know u r aware of it) so just go ahead n blast the world

17. 17 Vinod Kumar said at 6:29 pm on March 7th, 2011:

Hey Sudhir congrats and gud luck man … keep going on … you will achive …

18. 18 Sachidananda said at 6:56 pm on March 7th, 2011:

All the best Sudhir bhai…..

19. 19 Iftikhar said at 10:27 am on March 11th, 2011:

Dear sudhir,

All the best.

20. 20 Reagan Lopes said at 2:39 pm on May 11th, 2011:

Sudhir Bhai..

Finally U took it Seriously!!!

All the Very Best :)